Help with speed problems

macias_m86

Hello,

I am having a really hard time solving my download speed issue. I have tried uTorrent, Bitcommet, and Auzeus (or something close to it)...and uTorrent is the fastest however not as fast. I average dl at 25 kb/s and fluctuates. I have read and tried all forums but have not found a solution. Can someone help me resolve my speed?

I have DSL so I know that is not the problem.

thanks.

it is not the software you use, it is the SOURCE of the torrent

if the seeds are slow, it doesn;t matter what best equipment software you got, the DL will be slow.

what is the ratio on that torrent?

how many seeds?

how many peers?

what's the average speed of EACH seeds / peers slots?

I am a little bit unfamiliar with the terms used , but I will give it my best shot to answer the questions.

what is the ratio on that torrent? 2.69

how many seeds? 3(12)

how many peers? 37(108)

what's the average speed of EACH seeds / peers slots? i don't know how to answer this one...i mean when i look at them at fluctuates with some peers as low as 0.6 kb/s and as high as 13.6kb/s

oh and if i run the test to see what speeds i get they are

download=7554 kb/s

upload=15039 kb/s.

What connection type setting should i have?

thanks for the help

You appear to be posting from a university connection, which are notorious for blocking/throttling/disrupting BitTorrent traffic.

"upload=15039 kb/s"

Whether kilobits/sec or KiloBYTES/sec, such upload speeds are impossible for currently in-use DSL lines. There may be some experiments ADSL v3 stuff or v2+ hybrids that may go that fast, but I doubt they're deployed anywhere the average consumer could get them. Are you sure the speed tests didn't just measure the university's extended LAN/WAN?

Archived