Change Label Upon Completion

torishu

I've searched and didn't see this request to add my support to, so here goes...

How about an option in the Torrent Properties to change the label upon completion of a torrent?

I set a label for a torrent to "Private (Tracker)" and then I change it to "Private (Tracker)*" when I'm seeding, just to keep everything organized and to be able to tell at a glance what's going on. It would be great if this could be accomplished automatically! It would let me know where I'm at when I come back to uTorrent after some hours.

Doesn't the arrow changing direction and colour, the file having the # removed from it and being grouped with other seeding-only torrents provide enough indication that something has happened?

For a few torrents, it probably would. When you have a window full of torrents that are moving very slowly, though, it becomes hard to tell what has finished when you have to scroll down the list and scan it.

:D

Window's maximized. ;)

Obviously, it's not an essential feature request and I didn't expect it to go to the top of the queue. It's just something I keep wishing I had every time a torrent finishes and I go into seeding-mode and I'd like to see how I'm doing seeding-wise per tracker.

With the seeds at the top, I can see exactly what finished in the night while I was away.

I could sort by status but then I lose the tracker sorting that I set the labels up for.

isn't that what the "Done" column is for?

Yep. But then all my private trackers are sorted together instead of separately. Hard to tell what's going on when I'm juggling ratios and trying to give equally.

It's a tough concept to explain and I guess I'm failing! Oh well. :D

No, you're not failing. Actually I can see the logic behind what you're saying.

Personally, I would have no use for this feature but I'm not against it, provided that the cost of implementation will be negligible and it won't impact the needed resources by µtorrent.

No, you're not failing. Actually I can see the logic behind what you're saying.

Personally, I would have no use for this feature but I'm not against it, provided that the cost of implementation will be negligible and it won't impact the needed resources by µtorrent.

Agreed. µTorrent has been nearly perfect for my needs. The only features I've wished for are the aforementioned and an option for a dialogue box when starting a torrent (for choosing files, location, etc.), which I believe is being implemented in the future.

This wasn't even an issue until recently when I started trying to catch up with some torrents on a few private trackers. I have a lot of things going as they're relatively slow-moving and so sorting is essential when seeing how things are coming along -- especially if a couple torrents get a big boost in the middle of the night.

The tray bar notifaction helps but I believe it only lists the last to finish.

The BitComet-like dialog when starting will most likely never get added.

Oh really? I had only lightly-browsed the messages and had the wrong impression then. Still, I don't see this as any big deal. I merely start the torrents stopped and start them manually after/if I choose to edit the file list. It's hardly more of a bother at all.

Archived