Changing Default Download Directory

Alexander_Q

I changed the default download directory in "preferences", and now downloads are behaving abnormally. Incomplete downloads appear in "put new downloads in:" but they are not in their individual folders as they were previously - instead, all files are mixed into that single folder. Perhaps because of this reason, they also fail to move to the "move completed downloads to" folder.

A third thing, which may just be a programming oversight more than a bug - torrents that have never been started default to the directory set at the time the torrent was opened, not the current default directory. That part arguably makes sense.

Can anyone help me with the first problem?

Oversight? Nah, when you add torrents the information is set/stored for queue values and directories.

... Sub-folders how? Only multi-file torrents default to a folder sub- default. When you repath data through right click, advanced, set download location, the path you tell it is what uT uses. Therefore you need to have thepath made and/or click on the FILE or FOLDER you want.

Similar to this, you have the option to "append label to dirname" which creates sub-label directories under the Preferences set folder.

Okay, that makes sense. I did use the advanced>set download location to move ones already in the queue. (Note: these are all multi-file torrents). My second problem remains - files in the new directory are not moving out to the completed torrent directory or appending their torrent labels (previously, if the directory did not exist it would be created).

That relates to you changing the default dir. As stated the "append label" option can be applied, and same with "only move from default"... If you are no longer storing the queued items in the default directory, you must uncheck that option for now... or move the data you've yet to download (change set download location) back to default dir according to preferences. I know what a pisser the set download location is for multi-file torrents. In 1.8 they changed the dialog so that.. should you need to repath you can right click on the save as field, then set download location to a new folder... click "make new folder" button you see on dialogs.. PASTE the path, so you don't have to try and retype the dirname you see up top :D

The items now exist in the new "default" directory as specified in preferences. Are you saying that those opened before the change remember the old default directory, and will not move because they have been relocated to a directory that they do not see as being "default"? Where do you get your 1.8 information?

1.8 Can be found in the Announcements forum. If you're testing it out (since it is still in-development after all) you can easily set it up self-encapsulated. Indeed that's what I'm saying. You can verify it yourself by downloading Ultima's B.F.E. (in my sig) and loading your resume.dat into it. You'll see each tree below [ROOT] as one loaded torrent. And the information relevant to uT getting your configuration under each torrent :D

Does my suggestion of turning off "move only default dir" move these files to the directory you want?

Archived