my download speeds keep jumping up and down!!!!!!!

butlerboy

ive been using torrent for a few months now and its always been fine.ive always been getting speeeds of 250 kB/S but just recenly its dropped down to 150 kB/s and it just keeps dropping from 150 kB/s to 40 KB/s and then going back up....and so on...im just wondering if anyone could maybe give me some advice on why this might be doing this and how i could fix it

thanks in advance

butlerboy

also...im from the uk and my isp is virgin media..just wondering if they are throttling my torrent downloads....

if you isp is not throtteling...maybe you are overloading your network?

try lowering max global connections and max conn per torrent. if you are on XP try lowering net.max_halfopen to 1-4.

what is your upload speed following the test and what have you set your max upload to in utorrent?

If you used to break 1 Mbit down, your ISP has implemented shaping profiles. It would behoove you to keep track of when this occurs.. during the day and week, to note this to your ISP. Download is not guaranteed and may be affected by your settings and load. Adding onto 2good2b's idea.. open the Speed Guide and list all your settings there. I bet you just need to lower some of them.

Archived