wireless internet connection

zoogerdee

I have an aircard for wireless internet connection only; so my question is; what is the fastest way to download torrents? Just connected? Or connected AND open internet explorer? I hope this question makes sense; I'm not quite sure of the lingo to use; I'm still a rookie at this. Thanks

Follow the Setup Guide (Guides page link #3) ;). Be advised as mentioned in the How-To you probably will not be able to forward your ports since you're using a cellular network for internet. But as long as you configure your uT for your connection... not overloading the upload, you should be able to download at or close to your rated speed. An easy way to test is with OpenOffice Torrents. Note that your speed test (from Ctrl-G in uT) value is divided by 8 to get usable value KiBps you see in the status bar of uT.

"Normal" is a relative term. If your speedtest gives you a number, and you divide that number by 8, and OpenOffice downloads at that speed, and the content you want also downloads at that speed, it's normal... no STELLAR for your connection :) Most people are impacted somewhat by ISP interference on their downloading, and as such never get the full benefit of their line.

Archived