Losing downloaded material

FECHO

An interesting thing occurred last night, first time (for me?). I am downloading two items. By the early morning hours they stood at 99.8% and 72%. The 99% did not find the missing piece and was stuck for a long time. Because of "house rules" I had to sadly quit and shut down the computer. Normally UTorrent picks up where left off the next day. This morning, though, I found that both downloads jumped back to yesterday's start position: 81% and 50%. They are still plodding away as I write. What could have happened? Did I do something wrong?

I only got around to reading your message now, after 6 more hours of download, and the first is up already at 93.3 again. I did the recheck, though, just to see what would happen... but nothing. And the second is still at 58%. I'll just let it run now, unless there is something else one could check. :)

It sounds like there may have been a problem when you shut uT down last night. If you stop a torrent now, and start it up again, does uT stutter at all with %? If you stop the torrent, and close uT then re-open uT does the % stay? :/

The only other idea is there's an actual problem with the saving of the resume.dat... which would show up in the Logger tab if you have right click -> show errors on. I don't think you need verbose on though.

Archived