Auto load torrents directory and unattended downloads

st0nedpenguin

Hi,

I'm trying to configure uTorrent to automatically download files from the auto load torrents directory without requiring user intervention, but want the file selection dialog to show when I manually click a torrent on a site so I can select files/choose categories etc.

I currently have uTorrent set to monitor a directory and have the downloads page configured as so:

utorrentted.jpg

When a new .torrent is added to the monitor directory uTorrent pops up the file selection dialog but starts the download in the background anyway.

Is there any way to just get uTorrent to download any torrents added to the monitor directory without the file selection dialog popping up, yet still show the file selection dialog for manually clicked torrents?

Apologies if this is confusing, I'm kinda having difficulty putting it into words that make sense.

I don't believe that auto-load torrents show when disabling BOTH Ctrl-P -> Downloads "Always show dialog on manual add" and "Show a window that displays files..."

To keep the dialog for manual adds, I think unticking only the "when adding torrents" option should work... however I've had mixed results when testing combinations of those options.

If I uncheck "Always show dialog on manual add" it'll just start downloading clicked torrents without showing me the file selection dialog

If I uncheck "Show a window..." it'll pop up a dialog to select the location to save the file on clicking a link.

If I uncheck both it'll auto download for clicked links too.

The best I've been able to manage is as shown on the screenshot above where it'll show the file select dialog for both clicked links and auto loaded links but start the download of auto loaded links automatically without user intervention.

It'd be kinda nice to not have the dialog to close, although it's not a huge problem.

Check functionality in the in-development 1.8 version found in the Announcements forum(It's a good idea to use it self-contained since it's not stable). I've tried certain things like your procedure and command line usage and RSS and I haven't been able to explain things in a state where I can even offer any suggestions. As I understood it, the "always show dialog" only applied to torrents in the list from Ctrl-D,Ctrl-U, and Ctrl-O... all others should obey the "show a window" preference.

Archived