Port becomes un-forwarded.

cc666

All of a sudden about a half hour ago, my download speeds became nil, and when I checked, my port 39501 TCP had become un-forwarded. I tried to reforward it, and got an error: "One or more of the requested ports is already allocated for system use.".

EDIT:OK. I changed the listen port by clicking the "random" button, and that port gives me the same error message in my router config when I try to forward it.

Actually, that wasn't the problem at all, as I've found out. All of a sudden, my global download speed will drop to less than 10kB/s. It will work at near-normal speeds for a few minutes, and then flatline. This seems to happen when I have a bunch of torrents on uTorrent, regardless of whether or not they're active.

Well I've ruled out antivirus now as the problem, I'm currently using AVG 7.5 Free. And it's been this way for about 1.5 hours now.

EDIT: It just spiked to about 50kB/s for a few seconds right now, back down to 10kB/s.

EDIT2: It seems to be regularly spiking to about 150 kB/s, my average speed, quite regularly now. I think it has something to do with me using Firefox/Web browsing in general.

EDIT3: It's stopped spiking, it did so 3 times, peaking the second time.

EDIT4: The speed appears to be capped on each download individually as the global speed drops lower when I stop all but one download. The speed seems to be capped per torrent at about 1kB/s.

Yet another edit: It seems to spike randomly, defying any description given on this forum.

Looking at the trends from last night (I left my PC on) it seems that it will drop for an hour or so, and then go back up for several hours. And if the darker green/red lines in the background of the speed tab mean the historical speed for the last day or whatever, it seems to cut out at near the same time. (or it could be a coincidence)

Archived