uTorrent+VPNOut.. uPnP problem?

Xeanor

Connection: Single modem (Motorola SB5100)

Last night I installed the provided OpenVPN software for my new VPNOut account and everything appeared to work fine and the speed tests were my exact connection speeds, but when I check any port in uTorrent, they are all blocked and i'm getting max 50KB/s! I turn off the VPN and the ports work just fine and my speed reaches around 400KB/s. From reading around on the VPNOut website, I found a suggestion that uPnP problems are to blame and some users were able to find a workaround but they had no information about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?

I disabled them both and still got slow speeds. I tried Azureus and something weird happened. After being open and downloading for a little while port 41632 magically opened, but when I closed Azureus the port also closed! Though it reported the port as being open, the speed remained the same. Bah.

UPDATE: I followed this guide for disabling vista's uPnP service stuff on this page http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=14755 and now I do get the green connectivity icon but the port still reports as being blocked as the guide says. Speeds still seemed to be capped despite the green icon. I'm going to inquire VPNOut about the traffic shaping now.

Archived