cannot delate video file off desktop

newbie7093

Hey everyone,

Dumb me, new at this, must have messed up the settings somehow - files downloaded to desktop instead of utorrent..now I can't delete from desktop because "action cannot be completed..folder is open in another program"....what program could that be? I have been trying to figure this out for over a week and am feeling so frustrated. In my experimenting I now have several files on the desktop! eek--the problem is multiplying! can you please help?

thank you!

If they're not in use by uT it means that some other program is using them... likely causes http://utorrent.com/faq.php#I_get_Error_Access_Denied_and_.C2.B5Torrent_halts_the_torrent

Also depending upon your installed security software that could be to blame. Followup, did you change any folder locations from default (BLANK) in uT? Have you used the browse button to select an appropriate location which you DO have WRITE access to?

I am very new at such things and don't know what you are saying....I do know I did not do anything to cause this..I since reinstalled utorrent to see if that would do anything for me, but files still download to desktop....and when I try to delete I cant.

I appreciate your tips....any ideas?

Archived