Unwanted recheck after reconnecting external HDD

mpjf01

I keep my torrent files and the associated downloads on an external USB HDD. If I start utorrent on the PC to which the HDD is usually attached and forget to plug in the drive or turn it on, utorrent can't obviously find the files and reports an error for each entry. If I then connect the drive, utorrent still reports the errors and keeps doing so until I force a recheck. Rechecking all the files, last time this happened, took 4 days to complete. Is there is a way to tell utorrent that the files are there that doesn't involve a recheck? I have tried starting the files and also resetting the download location, but still wants to do a recheck.

In 1.8 this has been improved a little. If you don't keep the HDD on all the time, DON'T FORGET that fact before opening uT....

Edit: During various testing with 1.8 I do know that if you don't do ANYTHING else with the torrents, as in they're not started prior to close and don't expect to be active upon re-start, closing and reopening uT again will resolve the issue. It cropped up regarding relative pathing support for a truly self-contained experience. Whether this is also the failsafe for 1.7 I cannot verify. I don't even remember 1.7 anymore ;)

Archived