Upload speed - Please help

x5 blade runner

Hi,

We are new to this forum. We always use Utorrent to download our media.

We are currently getting D/L speeds of up to 500 kb/s. BUT, our U/L speeds are just 40kb/s. Now the problem is that i want to seed double as much as i D/L but it's so hard with these speeds.

Does anyone know how i can improve these speeds??

I am seeding a torrent now which has 114 people in the swarm but only 14 are connected, surely i can give them more kb/s to get their d/l done...

3.5Mbit down ok, but that doesn't answer for upload. It is likely you only have xx/256 capability according to the speed guide. even uploading @ 48 KiBps is the MAX of a xx/384 connection. It is likely you do NOT have enough upload to offset full download. Which brings up the previous alternatives. Additionally if you want to control uT more you can try the scheduler. Remember if you have 42 upload, and you have 3 slots that is still 14 KiBps per peer, which isn't too shabby. This number decreases as you increase the active torrents however because the throughput is TOTAL UPLOAD / (ACTIVE TORRENTS * UPLOAD SLOTS)

right right. you're getting good download speeds. But you need to make sure you're only set to upload @ 40 KiBps maximum. it varies most likely because you're bumping on the upload limit of your line. as you reduce upload it becomes more stable... and it wont affect other things on your connection as much.

Archived