what does - error the system cannot find the path specified mean

No1mom

HI - when I start to download it appears to be going okay - with about 10 - 12 peers but then after a short while I get the above error message. I have managed to download a few things a couple of months ago, but now everything I try to download fails with the above message. I am not a highly computer literate person, but can normaly fix easy problems. would welcome any guidance.

thanks

In the General tab under "save as" is the path you're saving it to very long? Where are you saving it to, i.e. C:\documents and setings\my_username\my documents\my downloads ?

This happens with ALL torrents? Can you verify the current setup by saving http://www.slackware.com/torrents to that same location. How long after start does the error occur?

HI thanks for that - you are right it is a long directory so I have changed it to just a folder in c: - have also started downloading the file you suggested.

The problem normally occured quite quickly when less than 1% had been fully downloaded.

I will try it again and see if this works.

can I ask what the slackware file does - it seems to be pretty big at 3.2 gb - but is downloading okay - I am assuming I delete it at some point?? it has already downloaded 15% pretty fast

:/ I recommended starting it in the same place because it will verify it's not related to the TYPE of files being downloaded.

If you get the same problem with c:\ as the save path, then I'd recommend providing the HiJackThis and Process Explorer logfiles from Ultima's Troubleshooting How-To sticky.

Archived