ISP limiting torrents

umayrbilal

Hello,

I have a 2 mb internet connection, and using utorrent 1.7.7. Problem is that my isp is limiting the download speed on torrents and other P2P softwares like limewire etc. I cant get over 30KB/s speed which is really frustrating.. I wanted to know if there is any way i could tune up settings in my client or anything so that i could get the most out of my internet connection.

Thankyou.!

Thanks for your replies guys.. Switck, i did that but it just doesn't seem to work.. The speed cant get above 30KB/s no matter how good the seeders are.. Isn't there any way to bypass the limit set by the ISP?

By the way i forgot to mention that the upload speed while seeding reaches even 40kB/s..

I've got the same problem :(

Whenever I want to download a torrent I put download limit on 0 (= unlimited), but still it says "limited" under transfer. µtorrent only downloads at 10 kb/s. This problem came up when I downloaded the new version 1.8. Previously I didn't had that problem.

Did you disable Resolve IPs in the Peers window?

DHT, Local Peer Discovery, UPnP, as well as Resolve IPs needs to be disabled for this test...

If you set half open max in uTorrent to 0, reboot your computer, modem, and router...and get the same internet ip.

...Do you still get limited to 30 KB/sec?

NOTE:

You must be unfirewalled in uTorrent(green light at bottom) AND not change internet ips when your reboot for this to have a CHANCE of working!

I'm sorry Switeck, i use Metro Ethernetwork Network, therefore my ip address is different everytime i log on to the internet.. But still i tried setting open half max value and disabling the things you mentioned but it stopped downloading at all, the status is stuck on 'updating' for hours and nothing happened..

If your ip changes, and you don't send out new requests, (half open=0) then it is no surprise that downloads just die.

However once a download/upload torrent has started, if you are not firewalled then you should still be able to set half open to 0 and the torrent should continue till your ip does change.

Archived