Proxies

torrentfreak1

I'm trying to configure µTorrent to download by going through a proxy server. I've found a site acting as a proxy server and managed to find their IP. I then enter the IP in µTorrent's preferences. But, I don't know what port they use so I enter the one by default, 8080, or I use 80. As for the protocol, I use HTTPS (how to know wich to select?). I then select "Use proxy server for peer-to-peer connections".

I'm wondering if µTorrent really goes through that proxy since it still downloads as fast as no proxy at all. Is it really used? Is it ok to proceed this way? The way I see this, you could almost enter any IP you want and see if it works!?! Is there a way to verify wich IP address is really used? What do you think?

That's what I thought. Why not? How do we ever know?

By the way, BTGuard seems to be just that!?!

I've just looked at other previous posts and I see that these questions have been asked before but with very little answers. Like why does the download continue even if we kill the proxy, or change it? Or, does the function really work? Can someone really answer these questions? Perhaps someone who helped create this software?

Archived