all my torrents disapeared

kiabrin

probably after previous update (now it's build 9272), or after power loss maybe, the list of my torrents is empty (it was quite long), and in my Aplication Data\uTorrent folder the files resume.dat.3.bad and resume.dat.old.1.bad esist... is there any way to restore the list, as some torrents was not completely downloaded and others (many of them) are seeded and uploaded very often.

thanx for your help!

the .bad files is 295kb long and when opened with text viewer appears ok, i.e. contains the file paths and hashes etc. but, there something wrong at the end of file, as I see. the Ultima's editor also cannot decode a file. maybe I can send a file to you for checking?

thanx.

If Ultima's editor doesn't understand it that sounds like it's truncated... uT was interrupted as it was saving the file.

In that event it's likely just adding two "e"s to the end of the data stream may salvage it... one to close the torrent data, and the other to close the actual resume file. NOTE: Make sure you use some editor which understand/does not mess with binary data. Notepad is not a suitable editor for this type of manipulation. I'm not sure about other notepad derivatives but any "hex editor" would be sufficient.

I'm not sure I could diagnose it any better even if I had the file.

Yeah I think Ultima coded NULL removal post .4 of the BFE

Nope, I never made any explicit changes for the editor to handle such problems. As far as I can tell, my decoder has always stopped after the dictionary has ended (ignoring anything that comes after, whether valid or not).

Archived