Siemens Gigaset SE 515 DSL---> Download works, but surfing not!

fufu5000

Everytime I start downloading with µTorrent, I cannot surf the Web anymore on ANY Computer connected to the Router!

Other Applications like Skype, ICQ etc. are still working. And if I enter the DNS-Server Address my Router gets from the ISP, I can surf again.

EG: Normally I use 192.168.2.1 (my Router^^) as DNS in my TCP/IP Settings, with µ-torrent this doesnt work anymore. So I enter 217.237.150.97 (German Telekom DNS-Server) then it works again....

Can somebody explain this strange behaviour ?????

And furthermore has someone an Idea how to fix it ?????

Firmware of my Router is : 2.14.02.19_BA09b6f which is the latest.

Are you using UPnP on the router?

Are you limiting your connections in µTorrent?

Also, did you try disabling DHT? (assuming your torrents already have enough peers/seeds that they don't need this.)

Are you limiting upload and download speed as well as upload slots so overloads are unlikely?

Its not the Speed, it happens even if I have only 1kb/s up and 1kb/s down.

UPnP is activated in the Router Config.

For TCP/IP I use a tool from lvllord (The number of half-open TCP Connections can be set up to 16777214) Look here :

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools

I normally have 200 Connections and this worked fine with the yabc-client.

When I stop utorrent I still cannot surfe, to do this I have to restart the Router.

I found a Site with Infos for many Router, there they write that I have to disable UPnP.... I will give it a try..

here: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/gigasetse515/Utorrent.htm

I had a problem like that with the DI-624S, it wouldn't take more than 120connections even with UPnP and DHT disabled and oh well... it died on the 6th day... have a DGL-4300 now and happy with it.... get a new router... a good high end one... not the common stuff...

Archived