Serious Speed Problems !! Not going above 10Kb/s ?? WHY !!??

Geddes-i

Hello

Lately my internet has been really slow as well as my utorrent. utorrent just now is a nightmare. im currently (trying) to download a file 473mb with 100 seeders and 234 peers. My download is staying in the 0.2Kb/s - 10Kb/s and the same with my upload. It doesnt seem to matter what im downloading or hom many seeds/peers there is the results are always same :( and its getting really frustrating !!

I have a netgear wireless adsl router DG834G, i use to get good speeds but lately they are terrible as in 0.1Kb/s ! This made me think it was my ISP - AOL throttling my utorrent but im not so sure

I have the green tick and my port 28883 is succesfully forwarded. I have tried everything i can think of and as a last resort i am now posting in these forums. I have disabled upnp in both my router and utorrent itself. i leave upload and download limit to unlimited and only change upload limit to 10Kb/s if its working. The speeds just dont seem to go above 10Kb/s thats the weird thing. It climbs up to it then goes back to 0.1Kb/s then starts to jump around a bit :(

According to http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html my speeds are:

Date 09/04/08 22:10:08

Speed Down 1970.15 Kbps ( 1.9 Mbps )

Speed Up 360.70 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

So please tell me every single possible option to speed this up and actually get my downloads downloading, i am begging here !!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to all those who reply !!!

Iain

It doesn't sound like you went through Ultima's How-To for Troubleshooting.

However first to verify you've got ISP interference try the testing torrents @ http://slackware.com/torrents/ They should max you out which would be over 200 KiBps in uT. If they don't hit that you are shaped. And if you don't get any more than 10 on THAT torrent, you need to change some settings. First thing would be trying Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent -> Enable/Forced Encryption. After changing that, STOP then START the torrent again to reconnect to the fast seeds.

Archived