Upload Speed Suddenly Dropped.

Buggerluggs

Hello, I've recently uploaded my first Torrent and began uploading an 8.6 gig file to the wider community. The creation & uploading of the Torrent went well and all was fine, I got more & more leechers on it & have now uploaded 10 gig. My upload is at around 100 KB/s normally, but all of a sudden has dropped to 20KB/s. It ain't getting higher & is stuck at that with 20 peers in swarm, 13 I'm connected to.... Ive followed all I can find to resolve the issue but nothing. I D-Loaded a test file, came down at over 300KB/s but upload was pretty much none existent and there were many more people to up to than were d-loading. it also choked up the 8.6gig file I'm trying to Seed... Firewall is fine, utorrent is in exceptions. I cant think where I'm going wrong... I have an NTL Cable Modem, if thats a "Router" then its not listed. I checked to see if my port was forwarded correctly, I get the green tick but after test get:

"Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 29827 on ******240...

Error! Port 29827 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5)."

I'm using FireFox on XP SP2.

The only thing I can think of is there seems to be a few notes in the setup guides that no longer apply, for instance:

"# Go to Options > Speed Guide

# Select the listing closest to your upload speed result (rounding down as necessary)"

I just see a drop down menu with my connection speed in, I cant see where to type what my upload is. I simply checked the option xx/20Mbit because I have the NTL 20 Mbit package...

Here's a pic of my speed test:

Test.jpg

I would really appreciate it if any of you guys out there can help me fix this mess, I'm pulling my hair out here, scared I'll loose the swarm I have established because of this crappy up speed.

Thanks for taking the time out.

Kind regards, Luggs :)

If you have a 20 megabits/sec connection, that only refers to the download max. Your upload max is probably only a tiny amount...maybe even less than 1 megabit/sec.

Speed Guide wants to know your upload max, so probably xx/1mbit OR LESS is far more suitable for your line.

Your speeds may have become crippled ironically because you'd told uTorrent to upload 20 times (or more!) faster than your ISP allows.

Archived