uTorrent 1.8 beta cannot do re-check??

zackcom

Hi,

I'm using the latest update of uTorrent 1.8 beta. The problem is that the file checking process isn't working. I tried to force re-check but every time I do that, uTorrent will hang. Is there anyone that can solve this problem or is there any latest patch that I can download? thx

Additionally you can see how much data you're processing by using the Speed tab, Disk Statistics view if you don't want to use Process Explorer from http://sysinternals.com

How long does it "hang" for? What caused this recheck. Did you have a power outage? Did you shut down the computer?

If you have many active processes in uT and are on a slower computer with slower disks (or only one disk) it may be taking " too long " to shutdown, so windows force-quits uT. If you're closing uT manually, you can enable Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> bt.graceful_shutdown to keep this from happening in the future. In this mode uT will wait however long is necessary to finish processes (not just 10 seconds) and the recheck shouldn't happen anymore.

Hi,

I do the re-check because every time I start my computer, some of the downloads stopped. So to resume, it needs to do a re-check before continue downloading.

Ultima, I already check my current transfer mode and it said running on ultra DMA mode 6, not PIO.

jewelisheaven, I only have 27 processes running in background. The shutdown process didn't take long, and no, my pc is not slow. I already installed 1.5G RAM in my pc, using 3 HDDs and 1 DVD drive. The chipset is also acceptable, 3Ghz P4.

One more thing, while the uT hang, I tried to see its background process. Suprisingly, it 'eat' my cpu by 50% of the usage. Before this there is no problem until uT asked me to update the client to the latest one. So I did. And then this happen. Any solution?

When you're checking CPU will increase. That's the hashing.

If you close uT correctly, you will not have to recheck. This is why I asked. Try the bt.graceful_shutdown so it doesn't happen. I didn't mean the computer is overloaded... If you're running say 5 torrents simultaneously it may take longer than 10 seconds to close. Truthfully the reason for the lag should be explored, but many people were satisfied with the graceful shutdown option. It keeps uT in RAM as long as it needs, so you don't want to let Windows shutdown close it, but it eliminates the recheck.

Hi jewelisheaven,

sorry for not giving you this detail. What I mean is when I do a re-check, I look at the process background, not when it exit. The one that you mentioned, I followed it but it still hang based on my situation. The re-check process that use up half of my cpu percentage is my problem right now. That is why the uT hangs. Any suggestion? Thanks again.

p/s: that bt.graceful.shutdown (is it right?) works when I shutdown my uT. Thanks for the tips.

Archived