upload speed ISSUES PLEASE HELP

mecoatwar

Ok my upload speed keeps going up to like 90 KB/s and my download speed stays at like 10 to 20 KB/s. And after awhile my internet starts disconnecting every 30 to 40 seconds. A pop up keeps appearing that says, a cable is disoneccted then the pop up will disappear and the internet will work. Then it does it all over again. I followed the speed guide, fowarded a port and have the green check mark. Any help will be appreciated. Thank

Does this happen without µT? Are you using a router? Do you have any other computers on the network, and if so do they remain connected? If you have a router, what make and model is it? How many connections do you have set globally?

Comcast mucks around with P2P, additionally, that router, as far as I can tell, is crap. It might be why your connection is dying. Look on linksys.com and find a firmware update, update the router.

If it works better but still drops off, the standard recommendation is to reduce the global number of connections because the router chokes on it, I think less then 100 for that, thing, can you try disabling the SPI firewall first though? If that only buys time, reduce the global number of connections.

I also have a Linkysys BEFSR41 V4.2 router and incidentally use ComCast Cable ISP too...on both Win XP PRO and Win 98SE computers. Since I seldom let connection max exceed 70, I only have problems with ComCast's BitTorrent disruption techniques and other bad ISPs in general who I'm trying to connect with.

My router seems to crap out around 150 connections at once and definitely has MAJOR issues if I try to push it beyond 200 connections...which I have done on very active torrents on my Win XP box.

This means I cannot have high half open rates either -- basically anything beyond 8 causes issues after an hour.

I almost always leave DHT, UPnP, Resolve IPs, and Local Peer Discovery disabled.

Peer Exchange on the other hand I always leave enabled.

I have the slower ComCast line -- that only has 6 megabits/sec down and 384 kilobits/sec up. So my settings resembles xx/384k in Speed Guide...with considerably lower connections max as well as slightly higher upload speed (at 40-42 KiloBYTES/sec).

Archived