Need help with RSS in utorrent 1.7.7

digicat

Mine is just a simple question if a someone could kindlyhelp me out with it. I have my rss working great in utorrent, but i was wondering if there was a way to add a new rss feed to uttorrent and not have it automaticaly download the last prior 15 torrents like it is set to do. I am adding a feed from a new site and the files are 8gb and bigger and i dont want it to autmaticaly start to download those as i set up a new rss. I really dont need the last 15 torrents just the new ones that will be coming up in the future. Is there a trick to have utorrent just start the new feeds that come thru on a tracker and not the prior last 15.

well set the filter to whatever you want, set it to "do not download", let it update once... then delete it from the client. I think you also need to have smart ep filter checked but I'm not sure. I know something goes by RSS history to "reject", but I can't remember off the top of my head.

After you get the first "update" to the feed, set it to your interval, untick don't download, ... and you should be good to go. Then again it may download again. I'm not sure exactly what was changed under the hood between 1.7 and 1.8 (what I'm using right now).

have you already checked out the RSS tutorial from http://utorrent.com/guides.php

>< D'oh indeed I'm using 1.8 sorry about that. I'm thinking the option to "do not download RSS" was not added yet. Even the "use default directory" was an option under Advanced back then... otherwise you'd get weird results things saving in your "my documents" folder instead of your default save folder.

In that instance I can't guarantee even the removing torrents from the list would work. There are times when people have said even on 1.8 that the downloads keep showing up. So, at least for right now, can you put these extra entries in say a temporary label? Once they are no longer in the feed (some keep up to 50 in there, but most are 20 in my experience).. you can remove them from your client. It's hacky to be sure. I'm pretty sure the history is used as the reference but only when "smart ep. filter" is enabled.

thanks jh, i actualy reduce my que in prefs to download 0. so basically all the downloads that showd up in utorrents were waiting for manual start. i basically ereased them then and now they are in history. Seems to be working so far.

Archived