my top speed is 10 kbps... HELP!

MaxPower101

yeah... 10 per dl... thats top...

i ahve done the openoffice and got my avg speed which is 70 kbps i probly can reach higher speeds but i share connection w/ my brother

neways i have looked around and tried alot of the settings but none have really worked.

im currently dling something w/ 5 seeds and 35 peers and its still going 7 kbps

im currently useing these settings

globe max upload is 11 (i checked the 80%)

globe max # connection is 200

max # connectied peers per torent 50

# upoades slots per torrent 84

additional upoad slots if upload speed < 90% checked

max # active torrents 11

max # active dls 7

seed ratio 150%

it does say the network is ok

and every thing is normal

i use verizon dsl

plz help

11 active torrents on 11KB/s, that's 1KB/s per torrent. Don't you think that's a bit low?

You shouldn't be running more than 2 (but preferably 1) torrents at a time with that

speed, since each upload slot should have no less than 3KB/s each.

Your low speeds are most likely because everyone are snubbing you because you're

sending too slow to them.

Because your upload is so terribly slow (11KB) your probably not going to get good speeds if you run more then 1 torrent.

Try these settings:

globe max upload is 11

max # connectied peers per torent 20

# upoades slots per torrent 3

additional upoad slots if upload speed < 90% checked

max # active torrents 1

max # active dls 1

max # connectied peers per torent 20

Jon's other settings are good, these 2 just seem a little disjointed.

Try this instead:

globe max # connection is 90

max # connectied peers per torent 40

...You're only running 1 (or 2?) torrents at a time, even with 40 each that's 80 connections tops. If you try to do 3 torrents at once, either they can't all reach max or 2 will reach max of 40 and the last only gets 10 connections.

(EDIT)

Almost forgot, if you have very little upload speed -- you might as well disable DHT, at least on torrents that have at least 10 peers/seeds.

his settings seem to do some but not THAT much...

even when theres no caps they still only go up to about 20 which is better... but still isnt near the 70kbps which i usually get...

ill try switecks adustments but i dont think its gana change much

my speeds also seems really unstable but im guessing thats a diffrent problem

Whether 150 or 2000 I've not noticed any real differance on the global max connections. The 20 max connected was just a starting point. Mostly because it looks like he's on somthing like a 768/128 dsl type connection, and I was just trying to get him in the right ballpark.

A Lot of torrent files are slow, and to see if your settings are what it should be as far as download goes, you need to test against a good torrent with lots of seeds and few peers, such as the open office one thats list in numorous threads here. As far as setting the upload side cap your global max upload to at least 5KB less then your actual connections max speed. Upload speed directly effects your download speed unless there are a lot more seeds then peers.

I could be wrong, but from what I have seen, when you have 2-5 times as many peers as seeds your upload speed controls what you get, I tested this by setting my upload speed to 1KB and in 30 minutes time I never broke 6.5KB/second. I then increased the upload speed to 20KB and the download speed increase to the 20KB range in less then 2 minutes. I.E. you get what you give. Of course there are other factors, but that is the largest single factor I've noticed so far.

What Jon says seems very true from my own experience.

One thing to add:

Uploading fast overall isn't as important as uploading >3 KB/sec per upload slot. The BitTorrent protocol works so your fastest upload slots will go to those who are uploading fast to you, so even if you only allow 1-3 upload slots per torrent you may still be seeing download speeds well over 10 KB/sec.

As far as setting the upload side cap your global max upload to at least 5KB less then your actual connections max speed.

can someone explaine this a bit further?

and even if i do set it 3 kb/s per slot im stil not geting the speeds i know i can get.

is there something more i can do or is that randome problems here and there

also wut settings can i use if i plan on dling more then 1 (or 2) file(s) at a time?

Archived