Ports not forwarding? Horrible speed

Hacktank

I am on wireless broadband and a Belkin F5D8231-4 router with firewall disabled, DMZ enabled, windows firewall disabled, and i followed the portforward.com instructions to the word! I am getting 10 kb/s if I am luckey on every torrent and when i go to speed guide and hit "test to see if port is forwarded properly" it always

says

captureiw3.png

. So i chance the port and update my router settings and the same thing happens every time. :( What am i doing wrong?

Here is a pic of my Virtual server list:

pfpx2.png

Hi, Are you saying you have a umts/hsdpa modems on a 3G Wireless Network. Well if so you are Behind a NAT/DAT Firewall from your ISP and besides asking if They will Open the Ports you are Out of Luck Sorry!!.

Please Read this thread on Wireless Internet:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1159971248

I don't think so because there is a green tick on my brother's utorrent. He is using wireless. I am using a cable directly connected to the WRT54G v5 router.

Sometimes I have a yellow triangle, sometimes a red circle. Can you tell my utorrent to make up its mind to show a red circle or a yellow triangle lol. Restarted the computer a few times. When I am lucky I can get around 180kB/s (Down Speed). Average is 90kB/s. Rarely 230kB/s. Results taken from downloading a game.

While my brother's speed is from 250kB/s to 350kb/s.

I gave up studying for an answer and a few days later I try using my utorrent, it shows a green tick but the Options>SpeedGuide>TestIfPortIsForwardProperly says Error! Port xxx does not appear to be open. I have already port forwarded & using the "stable" utorrent 1.7.7.

really wth

Yes I am using a different port from him. I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2008 OEM. I tried closing the firewall but still the same. I did the settings according to this but still the same: http://www.portforward.com/english/softwarefw/BitDefenderInternetSecurityv10/BitDefenderInternetSecurityv10index.htm

btw my download and upload limit has been set to unlimited.

Just to be sure, what will u choose in Option>SpeedGuide>ConnectionType if your speed test summary is:

download speed: 1153Kb/s

upload speed: 318Kb/s

Latency: 118ms

Thanks for even reading my problem.

vampayne,

Try the 2nd link in my signature and pick the 320 kilobits/second upload speed max values for uTorrent. Running uTorrent with upload speed unlimited almost certainly will cause overloads on your connection that can mimic being firewalled.

I have the same problem, I download incredibly slow, 35-40 kb/s max, the port is working as it should and I have a green light, but I can't get over the speed I mentioned..

The light has turned yellow on me 3 times the past 30 minutes and I have had to enter ESET Smart Security and disable the rule and allowing it again for it to turn green.. Anyone know what the problem might be? My internet is also VERY slow while downloading, before I formatted my computer (2 weeks ago) it wasn't slow at all.. It seems to be connecting to Peers and Seeds very slow too, been downloading for an hour and I've got 50 out of 2500 peers connected, and 50 out of 400 seeds.. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Dear Switeck,

Sorry I don't quite understand your 2nd link: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

I am using a "SingNet BroadBand 8Mbps Unlimited Plan" internet connection with my family. My non-bittorrent download speed can go up to like 350kbps, usually at around 250kbps. Which one should I choose from here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 ?

After choosing, I still don't quite understand what to do with it...

For example, I choose this row: 5 megabits/second - 560 - 10 - 100 - 400 - 15 - 10

Are these correct?:

CONNECTION TYPE - 5 megabits/second

UPLOAD - 560

CONNECTIONS - 10

MAX ACTIVE - 100

UPLOAD MAXIMUM - 400

Limit - 15

Slots - 10

| CONNECTION TYPE / | UPLOAD | CONNECTIONS | MAX ACTIVE |

| UPLOAD MAXIMUM | Limit |Slots|Torrent|Global|Torrent|Download|

What about the last 4?: Torrent|Global|Torrent|Download

What am I suppose to do with them? Where to apply each setting?

=============================

Sorry, I read and read but never really understand. For example this technical term bandwidth. Still don't really understand what it means after reading up on this single word.

Well, firstly, if your connection really is rated as a "8Mbps Unlimited Plan"...that's 8 megabits/second bandwidth down. Which SHOULD be able to download a file from a (very) fast website at 800+ KiloBYTES/second. You're not even getting 400...and normally averaging about 250 KiloBYTES/second. ...Sounds to me like false advertising, unless it's ADSL and you're far from the exchange.

Your ISP is notorious for throttling BitTorrent almost to nothing. You probably can't use anything in Speed Guide (CTRL+G in uTorrent) faster than xx/256k. :(

You chose 5 megabits/second upload speed in my 2nd link...but download and upload are almost never equal for consumer broadband connections. Many give less than 1/10th as much upload as download. You probably need to try 256 kilbits/second upload speed.

Connections: Torrent = max connections PER torrent.

Connections: Global = max connections total for uTorrent.

Naturally, Connections: Torrent must be smaller or equal to Connections: Global.

Max Active: Torrent = total torrents running at once.

Max Active: Download = total downloading torrents running at once.

Naturally, Max Active: Download must be smaller or equal to Max Active: Torrent.

Dear Switeck,

Well, firstly, if your connection really is rated as a "8Mbps Unlimited Plan"...that's 8 megabits/second bandwidth down. Which SHOULD be able to download a file from a (very) fast website at 800+ KiloBYTES/second. You're not even getting 400...and normally averaging about 250 KiloBYTES/second. ...Sounds to me like false advertising, unless it's ADSL and you're far from the exchange.

I remember they told me that to do some maths to get the max download speed. e.g. divide 8M by this number and u get your max download speed. My non-bittorrent download speed can get to 300+kB/s. Too slow for that plan maybe because of sharing the connection with a few computers?

I did the settings accordingly to your post. Can't see a difference in the download speed (my dl speed now is around 15kB/s). I have chosen 256 kilobits/second from your 2nd link. My green tick changed to a yellow triangle after the settings. I guess its normal now because I have a green tick while the port test shows Error! Port 11909 does not appear to be open.

Guess what, 5mins later it turns back into a green tick again...

Why do I have a green tick when the port test shows Error! Port 11909 does not appear to be open. (i already port forwarded)

I realise something important. my format and yours are different, no wonder i don't understand your table.

This is what i see which is in a mess:

| CONNECTION TYPE / | UPLOAD | CONNECTIONS | MAX

ACTIVE |

| UPLOAD MAXIMUM | Limit

|Slots|Torrent|Global|Torrent|Download|

|---------------------+-------+-----+-------+------+-------+--

------|

| DEFAULT(NO SETTINGS)| 20 | 3 | 30 | 40 | 2 |

1 |

| Dial-up (28.8k) | 2 | 1 | 5 | 7 | 1 |

1 |

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-1.jpg

btw my brother's utorrent dl speed using the same connection is around 250kB/s to 350kB/s.

I will take a look at his settings from the laptop when i got the chance.

Archived