just a simple thxs

scottish

just thought i would post and say thank you for all the info on here:) you do a great job it took me about two days to figure it all out lol but with patience and lots of reading iv had no probs.(ps you mods must be extremely patient lol) for those who are new to this too just read what your supposed to and search forums and all will be well cheers for now

how did you know that lol no offence to anyone who works for them but i do not like comcast and thats putting it mildly,i have no clue on what my speed should be it was running slow last night so then i read some more lol and downloaded the slackware for a while speed went up to between 55 and 79 when i was downloading so since your asking is that norm or should i be going faster or slower??like i said clueless here on that

I'm on ComCast, I just thought I'd mention it. :P

The low-end offer from ComCast is only 384 kilobits/second upload speed.

The upper-end offer is 768 kilobits/second upload speed.

...In some areas (where ComCast has to compete with fiber lines), upload speeds as high as 2 megabits/second are offered.

Check out my 2nd link for conservative settings for uTorrent based on your upload speed.

There is also ComCast's SpeedBoost that increases upload and download speeds for about 10 seconds to a minute straight. It wrecks your speed tests, as the results end up being artificially higher than your sustainable speeds.

(Actually moderators can see people's ips here.)

phew thx god for that i thought you were a bloody psychic:lol: no realy i figured that lol anyho thanks for the info some more reading to do then thats what yer saying:p

ok so i went back and did some more speed test someone want to translate :)

down load=24067kb/s upload 1535 kb/s

another test 24252 1535

Download = 24067-24252 kilobits/second (3008-3031 KiloBYTES/second)

Upload = 1535 kilobits/second (191 KiloBYTES/second)

However those are probably due to SpeedBoost and your sustainable speeds beyond 1 minute bursts are probably much lower.

On a "busy" torrent with at least 10 peers and no more than 5 seeds, see how fast you can upload sustained by raising upload speed by 1-5 KiloBYTES/second at a time and waiting 10-60 seconds to see if uTorrent actually manages to run that fast. Once the upload graph goes ragged/bursty or just plain falls way below the limit, you know you've exceeded your sustainable upload amount.

Archived