You cannot use the Router IP, network or broadcast address.

kojo87

i've never had any problem with port-forwarding on any computer i've run uTorrent on. every system has used a Linksys WRT54G router and the forwarding had always been the same on any computer using that router, be it wired or on Wi-Fi. now im having issues on my wired connection when i try to set the forwarded IP address to coincide with my PC's IP address (192.168.1.1) it tells me "You cannot use the Router IP, network or broadcast address." but that is the IP address i need to be forwarded! if i set it to the IP of a wireless laptop i have (192.168.1.101) it works no problem. i need to either get 192.168.1.1 open or change my desktop's local IP. but i don't know how to do either of those. any help?

BTW: those IPs are the ones i got from cmd --> ipconfig

IPv4 address........192.168.1.102 (tried this still nothing)

Subnet Mask........255.255.255.0 (this is irrelevant right?)

Default Gateway...192.168.1.1 (this is what i have always used and now i doesnt work)

and now my lappy's internet crapped out so i can't download on that. totally unrelated reasons but still frustrating...

thanks for mentioning firewalls. i thought i had Norton 360 Firewall disabled and the Windows Firewall on and allowing uTorrent but it was the exact other way around. so i switched it up and now it works when i put the IPv4 number in. talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. thanks for your help though!

Archived