Finish allocation

Steelunicorn[56k][RUS]

With all this problems with partfiles anf compact allocation, I think this would be useful to add an ABC-like button "Finish aloocation" which allocates all downloaded pieces to their places.

OR/AND make µTorrent allocate every file (mostly in multitorrents) which is dowloaded at 100%.

PS: Does "Endgame mode" works on partial downloads in multitorrents? It seems not =((

As far as allocating files that are 100%, that doesn't make any sense to me, since the file is already 100% completed. What would there be to 'allocate'?

You may wish to use the pre-allocate option if you are having problems. I'm not sure under what circumstances you would need to force full allocation on certain torrents and not others.

As far as allocating files that are 100%, that doesn't make any sense to me, since the file is already 100% completed. What would there be to 'allocate'?

You may wish to use the pre-allocate option if you are having problems. I'm not sure under what circumstances you would need to force full allocation on certain torrents and not others.

Well, my english isn't perfect so I maybe can't explain this clearly, bu I'll try.

I started download of multifile torrent (anime series) from which I selected only one file (I had this one, but it was corrupt, but µTorrent recognized some pieces of it). After some time I got on my HDD two files:

DNAngel_16_(S-Ai_-_B9E6B066).avi

~uTorrentPartFile_109092BC0.dat

And now i don't know how to merge the into one file. µTorrent shows that file is at 100% but when I try to play it, player crashes.

I searched through forum and tried this:

"When you do, skip ALL the files, then unskip ALL of them (with the torrent STOPPED), and it should work.After that, you can skip files. And turn off compact allocation."

Didn't worked.

I tried to turn off partfile. µTorrent just renamed partfile to "DNAngel_-_25_(S-Ai_-_C554866E).avi" and nothing happened at all.

That's why I want ability to manually allocate file in multifile torrent.

Was it clear?

The partfile thing was a bug with version 1.3. It's been reportedly fixed in the betas, but it's not 100% guaranteed. Make sure to turn off bt.compact_allocation. You'll have to restart the torrents unfortunately.

As I said there is no need to restart torrent. Firstly I turned off partfile, so I got all data into files of torrent. And then I just loaded torrent in Arctic and set same download location as for µT. Arctic checked whole torrent for consistency and written all pieces to their places.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived