Ratio discrepancies

ute

I've just installed utorrent. It's has been running for more than 11 hours. I have a dial-up connection. I've downloaded 1 file of 700kb. On the General tab Share Ratio is 0.00. The Show Statistics box accessed under Help says Total Ratio: 0.692, Total Uploaded: 2.23 MB, Total Downloaded: 3.23 MB.

Can someone explain to me the difference in ratios reported and why the total downloaded is so much greater than the 700kb file I actually received?

Isn't seeding counted as uploading in the General tab?

It also says Seeds: 0 of 3 connected(3 in swarm), Peers: 0 of 1 connected(0 in swarm). Shouldn't it say I'm 1 of 3 seeds? Is the tracker site seeing me as a leecher?

And on the Show Statistics box, why does does it say my Total Ratio is only 0.79 when it also shows that the Total Uploaded is 3.36 MB and the file I downloaded is only 700kb? I can see that it also says Total Downloaded is 4.42 MB, but I don't see why it should when the file I downloaded is only 700kb.

If you are a seed you will not connect to other seeds, except perhaps briefly if you/they are masking with "initial-seeding" mode.

Did you upload anything ON THAT TORRENT. Status bar statistics and Alt-H-S statistics are inclusive of ALL traffic, not just for torrent data. There is negligible DHT as well as tracker and RSS traffic created when running uT with default values. Your numbers are telling you you've uploaded 3 MiB and downloaded 4 MiB, but unless it shows that in the TORRENT they don't mean anything.

I've only accessed the one torrent with UT. It has a green arrow and the status has consistently been showing as seeding that torrent. Are you saying I haven't uploaded 3MB and downloaded 4MB? Why does it say that in the statistics then? Does it represent accurately the DHT and RSS traffic created? What ids the torrent site seeing as my ratio - the one in Statistics, or the General tab?

Uploaded says 0.0kb. So why wouldn't there be any uploading - is it that my connection is so slow it's not used when there are other seeders with a faster upload speed? Seems pointless to keep running it in that case.

Archived