Help for Newbie

rashworth2

I am an absolute newby to this site, have a training background, but not to techy. So most of the terminology used is alien to me. Have read and downloaded help file, read the Forum threads for an hour, to see if anyone else ie encountering same prob, but cant find what i want, or think is wht i need.

I was given a cd with an exe file that i needed from this site, it wouldnt work properly, and it also had a Trojan Horse attached; which i have reported. So i joined the site yesterday and the Forum today. Yesterday i decided (before reading help) to download utorrent as i thought this must be why it wasnt working, it took almost 4 hours; including downloading the same exe file again. Still didnt work, so i read Help from front to back, FAQ and lastly this Forum today.

The way i am seeing it is:the help manul says i need a torrent file to download content from my Client, from which i now have the choice of uTorrent or Internet Explorer. I cant find anywhere on the site that tells me where i get this torrent file from on uTorrent. Also will i need to get one every time i download, a specific item. Or is it a one off download that once it is associated with the Client i choose, will enable all future downloads from utorrent.

... Torrents are what you download through the uTorrent client. IE is your browser from which you can download torrents. Or if you know the address you can add a torrent directly into uT using Ctrl-U shortcut.

I don't see why it would take four hours to go to http://utorrent.com/download.php and get the EXE... were you having problems using the installer? What OS are you on?

Archived