Tracker time outs after a while

wardfan

I have been having an issue with my trackers, I have read and tried some of the suggestions. When I first start uTorrent my trackers are good, after they update they all go to time out. I have my udp timeout in my router set to 200sec, I have half open set in uTorrent to 8, total connections 200/200. I'm using uTorrent 1.8, have a DMZ set up on my router to my server that has uTorrent, and tried with windows firewall off and on, no change. Happens with all of my torrents. My dl and ul is fine, just the tracker timeouts.

Windows XP Pro SP2.

Try lowering both half open limit (to 4) and global and per-torrent connections to 60.

DMZ on your router may be part of the problem...can you try port forwarding the router instead?

Disabling DHT, LPD, UPnP, and Resolve IPs in uTorrent should reduce the number of connections uTorrent makes. That may help...if too many connections are indeed the cause of the tracker timeouts.

Have you set your upload speed max to no more than about 80% your connection's max upload?

Well, it's a server and I prefer keep the DMZ. Why would that affect it, the DMZ lets everything through? Also I just noticed that my maximum connections were still at 99999, I must have changed something else, so I changed those to 2000/2000 like I thought they were, and since my first post the trackers have been fine. where is the resolve ips, I couldn't find it?

DMZ lets EVERYTHING through. Potentially keeps a software firewall on that computer VERY busy.

Resolve IPs is in the PEERS window, right-click to pop up the menu. (Only works if an active torrent is selected.) That location definitely makes it hard to find to disable. It's not duplicated in any other menu. :(

My router would fold up and die before it hit 500 connections.

One of my computers would be lucky to hit 150 connections...

2000 seems a wee bit excessive.

But I guess that'd make a good torture test, if you can find torrent/s to actually REACH that many connections.

Do note that ISPs generally frown on that. Comes too close to resembling a DDoS attack. :P

I have a linksys wrt54g with DD-WRT firmware on it that allows 4096 connections. The only reason that i set it that high is because some torrents have 500 or so combined seaders and leachers, and that way I get the most connections possible, I have found some like that and downloaded at speeds excess of 12 Mb/s. On an after thought I think that I had 99999 as max connections before and some weren't closing properly through the pc or router causing none to be open during the tracker update.

Archived