Stopped or Paused torrent tracker query/scrape (follow-up)

infidel

As my other feature request thread was closed prematurely, I will follow up here:

idle.newbie and Firon:

The "Update Tracker" option on the right-click menu doesn't work on stopped torrents, at least as of 1.3.1 build 389 (the latest beta).

As I said, it would be nice if this a method was also enabled for STOPPED TORRENTS for MANUAL tracker queue scraping. It works great for running torrents, as idle.newbie stated. I am aware of the # column and how to use it, but it doesn't work well for the purpose I clearly delineated in my original post.

However, as this is antagonistic now from the quick scan, lack of actual testing, and summary thread closure, likely this useful feature won't be implemented.

Great client anyway,

Infi

It DOES work for stopped torrents. :P Well, at least on mine. Perhaps you haven't turned this on.
bt.scrape_stopped This enables/disables scraping the tracker for torrents that have been stopped (not queued).

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_those_settings_in_Advanced_Options_do.3F

Thanks I was looking for that option :)

It should be on by default IMO

It used to be, but it was turned off because it was decided that it's best to have off, since for 99% of the users it serves no useful function, nor does it influence the queue in any way. Plus, it saves tracker bandwidth since most people don't even look at their client / run it while sleeping / don't care about stopped scrapes. For the rest, they can turn it on.

• 2 months later...

What's the scrape interval on stopped/paused torrents? If it is long enough (1 hour+) I hope tracker admins don't mind if I turn it on.

(Sure wish there was a seeding rank with auto-start for desperate torrents so I could see which needs seeding the most. As it is now we have to enable bt.scrape_stopped and calculate the S:L ratio in our heads ... unless I'm wrong and there's another way?) Edit: found the feature request for this http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=4719

Archived