Software suggestions.

mopar

Right now I use CA Internet Security for my firewall and anti-virus (free from roadrunner, and everything free is good right?). I'm hardwired behind a Belkin wireless-g router, and as most everybody knows its has serious problems with utorrent. What I'm looking for, are some suggestions to replace the AV and firewall. I don't like relying on windows built in firewall. I have used AVG before for an AV app, but I didn't really care for it. The only other firewall software I've used is NIS, back a couple of years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running XPpro SP3, with a 3ghz cpu with 1.5gb ram, so system resources shouldn't be a problem. Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for the suggestions. After I re-read my post I kind of messed up. What I meant to say was that my router has its own firewall, and I was kind of thinking that it might be enough, instead of getting a software app, and that CA has its problems with utorrent not the router once I played with it a little bit. I've read that a lot of people on here have ZA and I didn't know if it was worth looking into. Never heard of Comodo, but I'm heading out to do some research on it right now. Thanks again, maybe someday I'll have some useful info to post instead of just reading them.

GTHK, Tell us how you really feel. Thanks for the info. I decided to go with Comodo. Looks like a pretty good setup. I'm going to try Avast for the anti-virus. It's already picked up some things CA didn't when it did a scan on bootup. Thanks again guys.

Archived