Slow ETA update

inactive11545

I have the same problem. One of my torrents' ETA has just reached 1 year, although I'm constantly downloading it with about 350 KB/sec and it only has 3.5 GB. (So it should show 3 hours or something). I'm using µtorrent 1.8 Build 11813. Never had this problem with the 1.6.x oder 1.7.x versions.

I just noted that there aren't any seeders with 100% of the file at the moment - does µtorrent increase the ETA (to infinite) then? Was it changed since 1.7.7? I never noticed anything like that in old versions.

And is there any explanation for this "sliding scale"? English isn't my mother tongue and I don't know what it means. If my guess it right, this "sliding scale" didn't has to anything with my problem, because my ETA was increasing more and more instead of decreasing.

/edit:

After thinking about it again:

1.) If the ETA going to infinite when the file is not 100% available - although currently downloading - is intended and

2.) If my download had someone with 100% at the beginning, so that there was a finite ETA at the beginning and

3.) The last one with 100% did go offline (and a complete file cannot be made with the remaining peers) and

4.) I understand this "sliding scale" correct

then everything is fine and it was no bug. I would just need to confirm point 1.)

Archived