network issues

prassel

every time i start a torrent, everything but utorrent loses connection (torrents keep DL/UL. also cant forward the port for some reason (i've read FAQs and googled and read all that stuff twice).

NetGear DG834 v2

Vista Business 64bit (w & w/o SP1. and yes its a legit copy)

Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet (20/1 Mbit, vista drivers)

need any other info?

edit: tried disabling both eset and windows firewalls and still gets cut off, and.

also tried allowing all traffic on all ports (udp and tcp + eset firewall) on router settings, but wont forward it anyways.

and disabled DHT in utorrent.

Try the 1st and 2nd links in my signature.

1st one is for troubleshooting, and tells you what information you'll need to give us if the problem isn't solved quickly.

2nd link gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is nowhere near max download speed for almost every internet connection in existence.

You may want to use lower settings than your connection can handle because it is shared with others or due to monthly bandwidth quotas.

already read and tried all of that, and i've used higher settings and had no problems until this reformat (epic vista failure like always, maybe?).

and for some reason it works now with only one torrent running and xx/512 settings but crashed my connection as soon as i started uploading the others :S

Archived