Changing file destination location

Ahrkonh

If this certain set is large and a recheck of them all would take a sizeable amount of time, I would also mention at the very least the option of your own editor Ultima. found @ link #3 in signature. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 is Ultima's Bencoded File Editor, which has among other things, a find/replace dialog. With this dialog, and uTorrent closed you can mass replace any torrent you choose from an old saved data location to a new one. Since it's not ALL of them, you wouldn't use "Replace All" certainly, but it may save you rechecking time.

I've just had to reorganize several hundred torrents from the original d/load directory to a more structured setup for backup and because the whole thing was getting very unwieldy. Doing it with the right-click > new destination method was a real pain, particularly as the new destination has to exist before you can point to it, thus requiring either a pre-copy of the files (difficult due to disk constraints) or having to search from the root as the original destination didn't exist after the files were moved.

The exercise was to move the files from <default d/l directory>/tracker/ (and in some cases /dloadtype) to <default d/l directory>/tracker/dloadtype(vid/music/app/etc)/filetype(flac/mp3/iso/avi/divx/etc.)/artist or vidtitle/album etc./files.

This involves considerably more than just changing the root directory and I don't know that any .dat editor would make life much easier than the carpal tunnel inducing multi-thousand clicks and mouse movements I had to go through. What it really calls for is some sort of drag and drop exercise. I didn't realize when I started off that this would get so large and I'm now trying to put the downloads in the revised structure from the initial d/load but sure as shooting at some point I'm probably going to have to rearrange them again. Is there anything in the future development plans to make the file destination reallocation easier e.g. drag and drop?

They're going to be further organized for archival/backup purposes into something like music/filetype (flac, mp3)/artist/album irrespective of the tracker they came from, but that's doable in the OS not an utorrent issue. What I'd ideally like to see it making that as easy in utorrent as it is in the OS.

Archived