Tab arrangement problems on Linux, through Wine1.1.2 (1.8 build 11813)

�.Sp!dér

I'm talking about these tabs:

utorrenttt6.png

Also, when I hover the mouse over the system tray icon, the information doesn't pop up. :( Is it because I've checked the "Show current speed in the title bar" checkbox ?

There seems to be some kind of problem with Opera and every other web browser I throw at it. When I click a .torrent file, uTorrent should immediately load it. Instead it gives this error:

operawr2.png

It seems it stops at '/home/dspider/.wine/drive_c/Program' ... I think it's because of the space in "Program Files". I've even tried '/home/dspider/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/uTorrent/uTorrent.exe' or even '/home/dspider/.wine/drive_c/Program%20%Files/uTorrent/uTorrent.exe' (HTML friendly). Nothing.

I've also read this. Are you saying that Linux users should stick to 1.7.7 for the time being ? :(

Btw, http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.7/utorrent.exe is down. :(

They're columns, not tabs... D:

And yes, it's a known Wine issue.

%20% isn't actually the correct percent-encoding for a space -- you've an extra percent sign on the right. Regardless, it shouldn't work to begin with, as % is a valid file/directory name character, and doesn't get treated specially unless you're dealing with environment variables :P

Regarding 1.7.7 vs 1.8... have you checked TackyTiger's post? It's a known issue, but there's a known workaround as well.

It's in the thread you linked to regarding the issue, first page. You'll notice several users thanking TackyTiger for the workaround.

Edit: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=350646#p350646

Edit: I've never had an issue with tooltips when testing µTorrent under Wine :/ The option you cited shouldn't affect tooltip display in any way.

Edit: Regarding the Opera thing... can applications even run Wine-run applications directly without running it through wine? I'd suggest you create a script to do parameter passing for you, and have Opera call the script instead. I considered creating such a shell script before, but haven't had the time or felt the motivation to bother with it :P

Archived