utorrent mininova

cow

i got the 1.3 version of utorrent off mininova on 1/5.. just a warning it seems to have some sort of trojan in it that atleast my virus scanners didnt detect..

makes logonuide a startup item...just a warning if anyone else got theirs there.

made tripply sure it was infected.. not sure with what.. it kept changing that logonuid.exe file and making it autostart..(there is a valid file of the same name.) hosed my admin shares .. screwing up my network.. i think i finally got rid of it all...

i am pretty sure i got it off mininova.. dont surf too many others lately. I have already gotten rid of it and the torrent.

it did download as utorrent13.exe

rather than the usual utorrent.exe

was a major pain.

panda activescan, kaspersky, avg, trend online scan said nothing.

ms antispyware notified me to the autostart..

i deleted and restarted utorrent.. and it imediately reinstalled..

just incase it was a coincidence.. i disabled it again..restarted.. and sure it wasnt running and started utorrent13 again.. i should have filemon and regmon it but it seemed pretty lame as it didnt come back on it's own.. then i noticed my network didnt work and netbios errors in event log..i had recently backup up reg.. so i restored the old reg.. no net.. restored winsock.. and started to get bluescreens..couldnt get back into windows normally.. ran a sfc and then repatched my tcpip ;) and now everything seems fine.

rootkit revealer didnt reveal nuttin special.. but it's probably time for a format soon anyway..

i managed to undelete the offending utoorent13.exe but unfortunately still couldnt get the torrent.. utorrent13.exe was found in my torrent download folder so i am now sure i got it from mininova.org.. i quietly thought maybe i got it off digg.com but my web downloads go elsewhere.

Archived