Do not download files download

Technarch

In a torrent with a bunch of files, and only 1 or 2 selected to download, I notice there will be 'trickle bleed' where downloading continues from the file directly above, or directly below it. The torrent never actually stops downloading completely. So in theory over a real long period of time you could possibly download the entire thing anyway.

Yup...Here's a screenine:

screenbleed5tw.jpg

Another bug along these same lines is that partial downloads don't display as being finished.

This is annoying. It has downloaded every file I want, but it only shows as being 48% done (with the whole file...).

But, I'm not downloading the whol file! Shouldn't it only show the amount that I'm downloading (perhaps in parenthases) and show me as having a complete download? :?

In a torrent with a bunch of files, and only 1 or 2 selected to download, I notice there will be 'trickle bleed' where downloading continues from the file directly above, or directly below it.
This is normal behavior. BitTorrent data blocks are continuous over file boundaries. This means that one block can belong to more than one file. In order to verify the integrity of a file, BitTorrent clients need whole blocks, so it by downloading a block it can also download a part of adjacent files.
The torrent never actually stops downloading completely. So in theory over a real long period of time you could possibly download the entire thing anyway.
Not so. It only downloads the blocks it needs...

vurlix --> This can be VERY MISADING to anyone using uTorrent.

IF....i've selected 2 files out of 12 to Download, then the status bar should NOT show it as downloading cause Initially I thought this was a bug and I'm downloading multiple files I already have.

In all honesty.... I've changed Torrent Clients "BitComet 0.60" because of this reason!!!! :x

IF if the file availability is 100% for those "Selected files", the STATUS bar should only show those files being downloaded cause its misleading.

Thanks

Max.

Archived