Cant connect to WEBui

nkdy

hi everybody, i cant connect to webui, im using vista sp1 32bit, dwload webui and place it in Application/Roaming/uTorrent....already enable webui and their port in utorrent preference, when i try to connect using other comp in local network with this url http://192.168.x.x:8080/gui/...i got this msg:

"The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details"

if anybody know what wrong pls help me, thanks

thanks Lord Aldrean for reply my msg, i place webui zip in this folder, C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent, is it wrong folder? and i already click the link, and its try to install webui again, after that nothing happen, just same, what other solution i should try??

It might be a write access problem for utorrent on top of you placing the downloaded webui.zip in the wrong place.

Go Start -> Run -> Type: %programfiles% (including the two %) and press enter.

Go into the utorrent folder and check if there is a settings.dat file.

Yes) If there is a settings.dat then copy the webui.zip there.

No) If there is NO settings.dat then go start -> Run -> Type: %appdata% and press enter.

Go into the utorrent folder and make sure the settings.dat is there. If it is copy your downloaded webui.zip there.

Try again.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lord Alderaan and hello Ultima :) im forgot to mention how the problem is settle, maybe it useful for another n00b webui user like me, actually i solve my problem when i follow ur instruction, i do it for the 2nd times and its work :)

Try clicking the 'here' link...

after that i navigate to µTorrent setting folder C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent to see the different, i see two webui zip files in this folder, "webui.zip" and "webui.1220503364.zip", "webui.webui.1220503364.zip" is the files that i dwload from µTorrent Homepage and copy paste in this folder, "webui.zip" is the file when i click 'here link', so my conclusion is this happen coz i didnt rename "webui.webui.1220503364.zip" to "webui.zip", im not really 100% sure, but maybe Lord Alderaan or Ultima can confirm this, thanks :)

I recommend right-clicking, clicking "Save link/target as..." and then entering webui.zip OR you can rename the file to webui.zip after you've downloaded it. (timestamps were added to prevent browsers from serving cached versions)

It was explicitly stated as such in the WebUI announcement thread.

Archived