High CPU usage in versions in v1.8.1

illilli

After start of uTorrent CPU usage graph starts slowly grows. Maybe I can see it because I have too slow processor (celeron 1 Mhz) :) After 2 days of seeding the CPU usage shows ~75%.

The archive linked below contain logs and screenshots.

http://www.webfile.ws/d/1073

P.S. Sorry for terrible english, this is not my native language.

P.P.S And yes, I saw this behaviour in all versions after 1.7.5 (or some later, I don't remember it exactly :))

Thank you for posting that information. I'm not sure what the pictures show, the picture of the process explorer DLL list wasn't as useful as the actual TXT logfile, so thank you for including both. LOOKING at that, I see several things to be aware of:

1) Are you aware your browser search is being redirected?

2) You have several injected DLLs which should be removed (by stopping the program at minimum or uninstalling if they still persist)

CatchOp.dll Catcher Opera Integration Module ReGet Software 1.00.0000.0092 C:\Program Files\Common Files\ReGet Shared\CatchOp.dll

DRWEBSP.DLL Dr.Web Winsock Provider Hook Doctor Web, Ltd. 4.33.0002.11110 C:\OS\WXP\system32\DRWEBSP.DLL

I'm not sure why an antivirus needs to inject into LSP... but given the high number of networking tasks uTorrent performs it would make sense to slowly increase your CPU usage, see if there's a way to tell it to ignore or make an exception in "packet monitoring" or .. connection monitoring for uTorrent exe in your AV "Dr. Web AV"

I'm not sure what the pictures show, the picture of the process explorer DLL list wasn't as useful as the actual TXT logfile, so thank you for including both.

Screenshot of the stopped uT is attached to avoid of questions about a heavy channel load. And PE screenshot because I like to make screenshots.

1) Are you aware your browser search is being redirected?

Yes, I know. And do not understand, why I should worry about it, still my browser keeps Google's cookie, and Google knows my search history and IP.

2) You have several injected DLLs which should be removed (by stopping the program at minimum or uninstalling if they still persist)

CatchOp.dll

DRWEBSP.DLL

Done.

I'm not sure why an antivirus needs to inject into LSP... but given the high number of networking tasks uTorrent performs it would make sense to slowly increase your CPU usage, see if there's a way to tell it to ignore or make an exception in "packet monitoring" or .. connection monitoring for uTorrent exe in your AV "Dr. Web AV"

Antivirus is not active about a year and a half, but this problem appears with update of uT to ~v1.7.7.

Any way, I will wait a day and will see the CPU load. Thanks!

P.S. 19 hours uptime, now uTorrent uses 35% of processor time, and usage grows...

Definitely, this is not lupus.

Archived