Error torrents categorized as Completed

prod

• 2 weeks later...

They were completed.. then you made them error.

Until such time as there are actual categories for things like Queued/Paused/Error it keeps the most recent event, not state. Think of an event as in the event=start/stop/completed sent to trackers, and the state of your torrent being what are you doing to it... pause/queue/error.

BTW, additional categories have been requested before, with http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=353475#p353475 being the most-recent slightly-related.

To put it flatly, you're wrong. I have 1500+ torrents in that error state, and there is no way i started even 1% of them.

EDIT: To confirm, just have some torrent files you haven't started at 0%. Delete the torrent file, close and restart utorrent and they'll show up in the completed list.

It's not so much that it's *errored* torrents that show up as completed. It's torrents that µTorrent can't find the .torrent file for. Simple test: get in the state you want using your procedure. Fair enough, it gets marked as Completed. Now place the .torrent file where µTorrent expects it to be and restart -- it's marked as Downloading still. I'm not sure which behavior is more correct, but there isn't really anything saying that all errored torrents are *incomplete* either (as opposed to complete).

More generally, I think some edge cases (like torrent error states and associated behaviors around them) might be worth looking at. For example, it's odd that µTorrent assumes that any torrent that was once missing the .torrent file, and suddenly regains it, should be placed in first slot in the queue -- I'm not so sure that's wise (or wanted). In the end, the torrent remains in the errored state until you manually start it. Since that's the case, µTorrent might as well not remove the queue number for the torrent even if its .torrent file is missing. If µTorrent runs into it during the queue procession, just skip any errored torrents. That way, you won't have to deal with assuming a torrent is complete just because the .torrent file is missing (if it has a queue #, obviously, it isn't complete).

• 2 weeks later...

As you say, it's a specific type of erroneous torrent that is showing up as complete. I would prefer they weren't mixed in with my completed list. If an "error" list isn't added, I'd prefer they weren't classified at all (they already show up in the "all" listing).

Archived