The same source from different torrents

rexxz

I was wondering if it is possible (and how?) to either merge these two torrents together, or to download the files that one torrent is linked to from a different source.

For instance I have one torrent that I started downloading and it's at 30% (and rather large, 22 GB of files), and it stopped there with no seeders. On another tracker is a new identical torrent (even says in the nfo it is the same one, but the folder names are different :( ) so I'd like to continue downloading these files from that one.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I am probably not elaborating my goal very well...

Maybe try this procedure if data are identical (filename, size, MD5) in the both torrents (even if folder names change). If not, dont try it.

Steps:

0/ stop the both torrents in uT.

1/ save the uncomplete data (files not folder) from the 1st torrent (stuck at 30%)

2/ go to download folder of the 2nd torrent and delete the current data (only files) if you started to dwl them.

3/ cut/paste (or copy/paste for more safety) uncomplete data (only files) into the folder of the 2nd torrent.

4/ force re-check of the 2nd torrent in uT (uT should say 30%) & restart this one.

5/ uT will dwl the missing 70% with the 2nd tracker & delete the 1st torrent if that works.

Archived