Speed..

strider86

Hi,

i read many posts on this forum regarding speed issues and compatibility with router or nod32 .. well here is my problem :: i am using a linksys wag200g adsl gateway

before 2 weeks ago:: Internet works perfectly .. utorrent is working perfectly. all is fine .. i am downloading 10 hours a day widout any problems.

suddenly arnd 2 weeks ago, what happens is that while downloading .. the speed is fine.. everythings fine .. but if i download at full speed then after 15-20 minutes the internet on my pc stops .. as in no website opens, no downloads .. nothing .. i close utorrent and still nothing .. i restart pc then its fine .. i have 1 other pc on the same network connected to the same gateway (it has 4 lan ports and WiFi) and one laptop connected via WiFi, and net works perfectly on them while this is happening. i started capping the download speed at 40 kb/s (i have 512K connection) and it stopped happening.

Then arnd 4-5 days ago even if i cap at 20 or something the same still happens .. .. help me i am unable to dld anything for the last few days !!! my utorrent setup etc is all fine ..

well yea i like to try to fix things myself ..

though just now some problem occurred again .. not the same though .. i am getting bad bad speeds but rest of the inet is working .. slow though but working .. though upload is 13 kb dld is only 2-5 .. i hope its just temp .. will tell in an hour or 2 how it goes ..

Edit/Update::

okay i just fixed the slow inet/browsing thing by reducing upload speed .. cuz of max upload speed browsing requests were being sent late .. so rest of inet is working perfect just dld speed in utorrent isnt good for the last half hour .. it was good for arnd 1 hr though .. it does though sometimes shoot up to 25 kb/s but then again down to 5-10 after 5 seconds .. i hope its just cuz of not enuff peers

2nd update:: yea .. it was just temp .. getting back to full speed now .. \o/

well in ur guide the upload speed stated for 512k connection is 47 kb/s .. which is roughly 375kbps .. i tested the speed on speedtest.net .. and the upload speed i get while no internet activity is arnd 125kbps .. and accordingly i have set my upload limit to arnd 9-10 because if i use more than that, my net becomes slow cuz of less upload bandwidth available for surfing requests!!

Archived