utorrent 1.81 port forwarding check fails

dbbd

Since upgrading to 1.81 utorrent behaves badly - download speed drops to near zero most of the time.

I rechecked my port forwarding rules. Its fine.

utorrent "network ok" is always green. However, when I do "test if port is forwarded properly" it fails.

Using an external port forward checker (such as https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2), it agrees that the port I'm using is open.

Something is bad with 1.81; any ideas?

Dan

Because lots of people have trouble with their routers. Particularly if their manual forwards weren't actually working and it was UPnP that was doing the job.

Can you disable the router part of it? You can often do this by setting it into bridge mode or something similar.

As I said in the initial post, checking if port forwarding works properly, using a non-utorrent port-forwarding checker, passes. That means there's nothing wrong with my router setup. I also have other ports forwarded, and have no problem with any.

There's a problem with utorrent 1.81. There was no problem with 1.8.

Read again the original post - the connection icon is green; yet the port forwarding check fails.

I do not enable IPv6, so I doubt I get connections on IPv6.

As to incoming connections - 50% of the time I get incoming and utorrent works just fine,

the other 50%, indeed I get no incoming and utorrent stands still. That was the reason I started to test port forwarding in the first place, after everything was working fine for the last couple of years.

I think there's a bug in 1.81.

• 3 months later...

If you are getting the green in uTorrent, you are probably OK.

If you have PeerGuardian, then the uTorrent site is on their blocklist and the port test will show blocked if PeerGuardian is active.

If you have PeerGuardian, you need to disable it while taking the port test.

Archived