Port Forwarding Problem

SeaTan

I am currently getting speeds of about 10-20kb/s. After reading many FAQs on tips for speeding up speeds, I set up a static IP address and set up uTorrent for port forwarding. I chose 6881-6889 range, yet when I test it using the uTorrent checker, it still says the port is closed. I am using the latest version of uTorrent and have Vista. Can anyone help me as to why this is not working and what I can do to fix it? Thanks

PS. I have a 192.168.x.x IP address and use a Linksys AG241 router.

Thanks. It seemed from some of the FAQs I read that I could forward a range of ports. The problem is that under the single port forwarding option, it gives me forms that enable me to open up to 15 ports, and all of them have information, such as the port, protocol and IP address, although only one of these options is enabled. Is it therefore OK to replace one of these with the port for uTorrent or not. Does it also matter what port I choose? Thanks

Im rather new to this, so I dont understand everything exactly, but I did try setting up a static IP address. How do I find out if it is out of the routers DHCP range? All I did was change the last digit of the default gateway address to get my static address.

Archived