An installation matter..

Pablito

..First of all, hello to everyone there..

I'm a new one here, needing help for something I can not understand..

Few weeks ago, I began to use a portable version of utorrent (latest version, 1.8.1) but there were some specific non-functional features (port & speed checking, e.g). So, I've decided to go back to a normal utorrent installation. I've downloaded the latest .exe file from the official site and tried to install it.. That's when the problem started. I couldn't install it as a normal program, every time it was working as a portable one (no installation folder with the application files, just a plain .exe file with the same disfunctionality problems).

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here but I'm not new with utorrent, I used to work with it for many years and I do remember that it was always normally installed in my computer. I've tried many times to make a clean install after deleting the portable one, I also tried to install an older version, I even did a registry cleaning by deleting every utorrent related edit before I try to install it again, but no luck..

Really hope that someone can help me out with this, will be much uppreciated..

I'm using an Intell (duo) based computer system with Xp Pro (sp2).

Thank you all in advance..

There is no real "installer" for µTorrent. The initial dialog you see is just a shortcut creator as well as executable mover. If µTorrent sees a settings.dat in Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent, it'll assume it won't need to be "installed," so it won't show the shortcut creation dialog. To force it to reinstall, remove settings.dat from %appdata%\uTorrent.

Archived