port forwarding v1.8.1 on 3Com router

stripes

Have downloaded version 1.8.1 on a new computer following the 'death' of its predecessor that was running v. 1.7 with no problems. The router is a 3Com 3CRWDR101A-75. Upon performing a test to check whether the port is being forwarded properly I got the following message:

--------------------------------------

Welcome to the Torrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 36917 on 83.104.170.111...

Error! Port 36917 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

-----------------------------------

Have done all that portforward is advising using random ports and still getting the same message, i.e., that the post appears to not be open despite the fact that the relevant port is open on the router's firewall. My ISP provider (Demon) does not appear on the bad list at the azureus wiki.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

regards

stripes

static as 'it does not change'.

What I am trying now is to redo the setting of a static ISP in this windows box and see what happens. btw same problem has been occurring with the linux box but let's concentrate on the windows one now.

---------------

windows box now working OK after resetting the properties for the network connection.

Archived