NAT Error driving me mad

jamesm1

SORRY - PUT THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM - HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ANYWAY.

Hi guys,

I have searched the FAQs, perused the forums, but I am still going quietly mental.

My (UK) private tracker says I am "Connectable", but uT shows a NAT error. My stats show I have never had an Incoming connection. Wonder why my u/loads are so slow!!

I have a cable connection with a simple cable modem - my ISP says there is no router. I have set up a static IP address, disabled (and removed) my Norton firewall, and played with every setting I can find, but no joy.

If I have missed something, apols in advance, but someone please rescue me from a fate worse than not being able to see UK TV.

Sometimes some sites report conflicting information about being connectable, I don't know why that is. :/ So is there no way you can forward your port? If so, then I'm afraid you're perpetually stuck with a NAT Error (at least, until someone figures out a way to connect without portforwarding). :(

I get NAT error even after do portforward to my router. i try every trick and nothing...but when i close my hardware firewall "NETWORK OK".

What port i open my firewall?, i want to but that back on. Now i have all open from inside UDP1024-65535 and only 49000 UDP utorrent port open from outside.

Well any port above 10,000 is good, though I always have a preference for using something between 50,000 and 55,000. It's up to you to decide. You only need to open one port, not a massive range of ports. If you want/need DHT, you'll need to use UDP, otherwise TCP will do just fine. :)

hey guys after reading some threads in the forum i finally figured out to fix my port and eliminate the annoying "NAT error". I noticed that most of the users of uTorrent diabled their firewall so i tried to disabled mine too. After disabling my firewall and restart my uTorrent I have "UPnP 38318 OK" message in my uTorrent instead of NAT error. I didnt not use portforwarding because im afraid to mess things up. Fortunately it was a good idea after all i dont have to. One question, "UPnP OK" means NAT OK, right??? Thnks guys

Archived