Upload allocation

Bartmole

Thank's for the reply. Ok, let's say I have two torrent's open from different site's and I want to ensure that both of them can only upload to a set maximum. My U/L max at 80% is around 60 KB. Can I divide that 60 KB between the two, say 45 Kb-15 KB, so that one get's more upload then the other. In my case, it's to try and resolve a crappy ratio on one site while the other has a good ratio.

...But it's not a good idea if you're running only those 2 torrents!

If you want 1 of the 2 torrents to upload faster, set the lower torrent's max upload speed to 15 KB/sec and leave the other one "unlimited" up to the global upload max.

Otherwise, with 1 set to 45 KB/sec and the other set to 15 KB/sec...if either one fails to reach their max then you won't be uploading at your global max of 60 KB/sec.

You can also set torrents' priority to LOW or HIGH so they get less or more upload than average. A problem with that can be if the seeding torrent you want to go slow gets LOTS of peers while the one you want to go fast gets only 0-1 peer -- then the "slow" one will almost always be uploading faster.

Archived