The Archive Is Either In Unknown Format Or Damaged ..?

lodimoony

Ive been a UTorrent user for quite some time using XP but Ive just changed to Vista and the title of this post is the error message Im getting every time I attempt to download any torrent, Ive tried many different torrent in case the solution is a corrupted file but none work and the error is always the same.

If anyone can point me in the right direction with a solution Id be eternally grateful....thanks.

If you have a problem about corrupted data (eg RAR archives) it's not a problem with uT.

Anyway complete data can be corrupted if the initial uploader has created a torrent with corrupted data OR if you have an hardware issue with your HD (bad sectors) or RAM (maybe the case).

If the issue occurs with many different torrents and trackers, surely a pbm with your hardware.

Firon, yes, I WAS doing something like trying to open the files in UT...In my haste to get it up and running I overlooked the basics....thanks very much for your advice[ also moogly]. Everything is as it should be now...greatly appreciated.. I owe you a couple of beers, thanks again !

Archived